Welcome to Our Company
WHO WE ARE
White Tulip Publishing is a company committed to the empowerment of children of all ages through educational and recreational means. We strive to create tools designed to provide educators, parents and children with useful aids to address challenges they may face in a meaningful way.
White Tulip Publishing has published its first book of a series. Guardian of Dreams, A Bedtime Story is written as an aid for children who experience nightmares and encounter difficulty falling asleep again. It illustrates how nighttime's more fitful moments can be turned upside down when you know ways to "disappear" them. In providing children with a tool for addressing their fears and overcoming them, the book aims to restore the loss of confidence - and sleep - for little ones everywhere. One of the vehicles for doing so is the author's creation of a character that children can invoke and call on, thereby instilling a sense of comfort and security. An easy-to-remember core rhyming text on how to "disappear" unwanted imaginings is a principal attraction. Imaginative and purposeful, the book written by Wendy Torrel comes with appealing and endearing illustrations by renowned artist, Kendall Klingbeil, a sure bet for reaching audiences that span across the ages.
Though the book is small in size, it has truly been large in its impact. Through interactive exercises, live discussions, and artistic as well as writing exercises, the book has been able to reach many audiences.
White Tulip Publishing is dedicated to providing children of all ages with useful references to cope with adversity in their lives. As such we continue to create and expand our product line for empowerment.
WHAT WE DO
Author: United States and Abroad
Author Visits and Educational Workshops • Publishing Workshops
Author visits include, Wendy Torrel reading her children's book, Guardian of Dreams, A Bedtime Story, where she addresses the issue of childhood nightmares in a fable that offers both entertainment and solace for children and adults alike. Through the sage advice of "the guardian of dreams", a horse called Night Mare; a rabbit discovers a novel and simple way of coping with his sleepless state. Ms. Torrel uses the simple text and illustrations as a springboard to explore positve creative images to replace their nasty nocturnal intruders.
Visits are tailored to academic levels, and may include:
- Informal small group readings
A look inside the creative writing and publishing process
Q&A period designed to inspire children to start putting some of their own ideas into writing
- Educators can use this program as a means to forward their lesson plans related to creative writing and as a catalyst to create writing exercises
Over the last ten years, Ms. Torrel has provided readings and educational workshops at schools, libraries, military bases, book festivals and private events to empower children with the opportunity to create another possibility.
Arrange for an author visit today at your child's organization!
- White Tulip Publishing in an effort to bring comfort to those affected by the tragic events of 12/14 in Sandy Hook, CT has donated well over $20,000 in copies of ‘Guardian of Dreams’, a book written to aid in coping with nightmares. We are pleased to share that this book has brought comfort and a return to much needed sleep for children, as well as adults; it is with our hope that it will continue to do so.
- In the month of January we accepted donations to purchase additional copies of ‘Guardian of Dreams’, at the school discounted rate, to place in neighboring schools who were also affected by this tragedy. Your donations were greatly appreciated. Thank you for supporting us in making a difference. For more information visit our Donate tab.
- News Article Released in the Sunday Edition of The News-Times, Danbury, CT - January 27, 2013 - Enchanting Book is an Antidote for Nightmares, by Carolyn Mueller; online edition published in the Connecticut Post, Greenwich News and Stamford Advocate - A Nightmare to Guard Your Dreams, by Carolyn Mueller
- News Article Released in The Newtown Bee, Newtown, CT - January 3, 2013--Author Wishing All Newtown Students Sweet Dreams, By Sarah Scinto
- CNN Live Interview by Don Lemon, Sandy Hook, CT – December 18, 2012
- Book Reading and Signing events are currently being scheduled for the release of the 10th Anniversary Special Edition of Guardian of Dreams (Second Edition Revised) – Dates and Locations TBA